Midori no Hibi 「美鳥の日々」/ Midori Days17 October 2011 at 2:25 pm | Posted in Anime, Midori No Hibi | Leave a comment
Tags: Anime, Midori No Hibi
Seiji Sawamura is the toughest student in his high school. His grades aren’t very good because he fights more than he studies, but he tends to protect the weaker students from bullies. A few classmates idolize him; one (Midori Kasugano from a different school) shyly loves him from afar; but most are just afraid of him, which has made it impossible for him to find a girlfriend. In desperation, he says to himself that he will grow old with only his right hand as lifelong companion until one morning when he wakes to find a miniature Midori attached to where his right hand used to be.
Over the next two weeks the pair adapt to this sudden and forced closeness. Much mayhem, and some romance, ensue. Seiji does his best to hide Midori from other people; she wears a bandage around her head and pretends to be his injured hand. Midori frequently professes her love to Seiji (even wearing a dress she made and embroidered with “I ♥ Seiji”), but Seiji fails to notice, even as he frequently laments that he’ll never find a girl who loves him.
- Seiji Sawamura (沢村 正治 Sawamura Seiji)
- Voiced by: Kisho Taniyama and Chiwa Saitō (young) (Japanese), Drew Aaron (English)
- The male protagonist of the series, he is a 17-year-old delinquent student who is feared for his fighting skills. Seiji fights to protect the weak using his powerful Devil’s Right Hand, and is nicknamed “Mad Dog” Sawamura (This is however Ironic due to his fear of dogs, which mentioned in the manga, was caused by his sister). Fighting people has a price however: everyone, including girls, fear him. He has gone seventeen years without a girlfriend and wants one badly. One day, when he is daydreaming about having one, he finds a miniature girl on his right hand. It appears that she is Midori Kasugano, who has had a hidden crush on him for three years. He feels very excited about it, then realizes that this is his right hand saying this. So he declines the first girl that ever said she loved him. Much of the plot involves his trying to get other girls and getting rid of Midori.
- Seiji mostly starts off as very rude towards Midori, but as time progresses he becomes more attached to her. He tends to be completely oblivious of the girls who like him, focusing on those who do not. His redeeming qualities are his determination, his willingness to help innocent people, and his kindness towards Midori. Seiji is also obsessed with the actor Show Aikawa and the (fictional) porn star Miruku Moriyama.
- At the end of the series he finds Midori’s diary, when she is off his hand, and reads it. He realizes how much she loves him, and waits for her to approach him in her real body. She confesses her love for him, without any memory of being on his hand. He tells her that he is in love with her, too. After that, they become a couple.
- In the manga, however, Seiji admits that he likes Midori, besides looking at all the girls. And the manga ends with them becoming a couple, with Seiji buying a new diary for Midori, after letting her read her old one. It should be noted that she only reads her old diary in a bonus spin-off comic and that scene may not be considered canon.
- Midori Kasugano (春日野 美鳥 Kasugano Midori)
- Voiced by: Mai Nakahara (Japanese), Kether Fernandez (English)
- The female protagonist of the series, a 16-year-old-girl who ends up as Seiji’s right hand. She has had a crush on him for three years. One day she wishes to be with him so much that she finds herself, in miniature form, in the place of his right hand. This causes problems for him, since it is his “Demon right-hand” he punches with. Midori’s real body is in a coma, and her mother tries everything to bring her back. As soon as Midori finds out that she is on Seiji’s hand, she gathers the courage to admit her love, even though it isn’t requited. During the series she continually confesses her love, and gets jealous of other girls, often trying to compete with them; but over time she begins to like qualities of all of the characters, including her ‘rivals’. Her personality is shy at first, but when she gets to know people she lightens up. During the course of her days with Seiji, she wakes up in her normal body a few times (during which Seiji’s right hand reappears), but then she feels lonely and returns to a comatose state.
- Midori appears to be a fun, carefree girl, but as time progresses it is shown that she is actually a little bit more shy than she lets on (she mostly doesn’t show it because she has been spending so much time with Seiji). Some emotions she hides well are her jealousy towards the other girls Seiji comes in contact with and her determination to win his heart. According to the manga, she seems to possess Herculean strength when she is angry or determined. Also, she seems to be able to drag Seiji around with ease as long as he isn’t resisting (i.e. in a sleeping or unconscious state). This might be because she possessed Seiji’s “Devil right-hand”, or simply because usual traits of anime girls (getting very violent when emotionally disturbed).
- Summary :
- High school delinquent Seiji Sawamura is desperate to have a girlfriend, especially after being rejected by 20 girls as of late. He’s afraid that he will end his life with his right hand as his only companion. Apparently, that doesn’t change when one day when he wakes up and discovers that his right hand has become a girl named Midori Kasugano, who confesses that she has had a crush on him for the last three years.
- Format MKV
- Size : 50 Mb+
- Ep 1|Ep 2|Ep 3|Ep 4|Ep 5|Ep 6|Ep 7|Ep 8|Ep 9|Ep 10|Ep 11|Ep 12|Eps 13(final)
- Credit :